7 'ninja cops' urged to surrender | SunStar

7 'ninja cops' urged to surrender

Time to read
2 minutes
Read so far

7 'ninja cops' urged to surrender

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MANILA (Updated) -- National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director Oscar Albayalde urged Tuesday the seven Malabon City policemen suspected of kidnapping and robbery extortion to surrender and face the charges against them.

"I advice those who are at-large to surrender and face the accusation against them. Otherwise, to the full extent of the law, we will make sure that arrests will be made in the coming days," he said.

The seven policemen were identified as Senior Police Office (SPO) 2 Gerry Dela Torre, Police Office (PO) 3 Michael Angelo Diaz Solomon, PO3 Luis Tayo Hizon Jr, PO2 Michael Papa Huerto, PO1 Jovito Roque Jr., PO1 Ricky Alix Lamcen, and PO3 Bernandino Pacoma.

Albayalde said the policemen are assigned at the Malabon police's Civil Security Group (CSG) and Criminal Investigation and Detection Group.

The cops are allegedly involved in the kidnapping and robbery extortion of a girlfriend of an inmate at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP).

Last Monday, four anti-drug policemen were arrested in an entrapment operation conducted by the elements of the Northern Police District and the PNP Counter-Intelligence Task Force, Anti-Kidnapping Group, the Malabon City Police Station and the Highway Patrol Group.

They suspects were identified as SPO2 Ricky Pelicano, PO2 Wilson Sanchez, PO1 Joselito Ereneo, and PO1 Frances Camua, all assigned at the Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) of the Malabon City police station.

Cases of robbery-extortion, kidnapping, carnapping and violation of Section 29 (planting of evidence) of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 were filed against the all 11 suspects on Tuesday.

A joint operation was launched last Monday after Jesus Sala and Gladys Bataycan reported to police the abduction of their relative, "Mona", a 53-year-old woman in Muñoz, Quezon City, last Saturday.

Northern Police District director Chief Superintendent Roberto Fajardo said after they rescued the victim, she said she was detained at the Malabon DEU office while her personal belongings such as jewelries, cellphone, laptop and P6,000 worth of cash were seized by the cops.

The victim said the policemen allegedly demanded P5 million in exchange for her release and at the same time called her boyfriend who is detained at NBP and asked for additional P2 million and a kilogram of shabu.

She said her boyfriend was able to deliver the illegal drugs to the abductors but her policemen still refused to release her and instead asked for additional P1 million.

Fajardo said they will check if the victim is involved in illegal drugs.

Raymond Palad, legal counsel of the four suspects, denied the claims that his clients were arrested in an entrapment operation.

"Sanchez was working doon sa Malabon Police Station when the CITF arrived and arrested him. The other three, habang nasa district MPD si Sanchez, tinawagan yung tatlo to report sa MPD. Upon arrival sa MPD arrested na din sila ng CITF pero there is no such thing as entrapment," Palad said in an interview.

"Definitely no kidnapping version and no entrapment," he added.

At the time of Sanchez' arrest, he was about to file charges against Norma, who was arrested for possessing half kilo of shabu, Palad said in a media interview.

"Paalis na si Sanchez to file case sa inquest ni Norma but he was arrested. 'Yung mga documents was confiscated," he said.

Palad said they have just found out that Norma has been released from the Malabon City police where she was detained for drug possession.

"Hindi namin alam yung motive kung bakit siya nasa labas ngayon dahil talaga namang legally arrested siya for half kilo of shabu," Palad said.

The four police officers have been relieved from their posts pending the resolution of the charges filed against them.

Albayalde meanwhile urged the public to immediately report to the authorities any information about the seven erring policemen.

"To the public at large, we solicit your help again by reporting to us or giving us any information to the whereabouts of these policemen," he said.

"Rest assured that you have our protection. We shall continue cleansing our ranks directed towards the goal of helping our government rebuild a safer, better nation for us all," he added. (With Keith Calayag/SunStar Philippines)


View Comments