BUTUAN CITY -- A caretaker of a construction warehouse in one of the subdivisions here was injured after the charger of the mobile phone exploded, sparking a fire that engulfed the building Tuesday morning, April 25.
Fire investigators said the incident happened around 7:20 a.m. in VCDU Horizon Subdivision in Barangay San Vicente, Butuan City.
The injured person was identified as Wilson Lim, said to be the owner of the mobile phone which exploded.
The warehouse had assorted paints, paint thinners, and gasoline which were sear the charger, according to Senior Fire Officer 4 Rodrigo Canton, officer in charge of the Butuan City Fire Station.
The BFP report revealed that the warehouse is owned by Victor Uy of the VCDU Horizon Subdivision.
Cost of the damage is estimated to be around P300,000 pesos.
The fire was under control at around 8:00 in the morning and fire out was declared some 30 minutes after.
Published in the SunStar Cagayan de Oro newspaper on April 26, 2017.